- About us
- Our Courses
Leadership and Business Education
Head, Greensprings Training College (GTC), Lagos
Deputy Head, Greensprings Trainning College Lagos
Programme Director, Greensprings Montessori Centre (GMC)
Cambridge PDQs Programme Leader (Teaching and Learning) Anthony Campus
Cambridge PDQs Programme Leader (Teaching and Learning) Lekki Campus
Cambridge PDQs Programme Leader (Educational Leadership) Lekki Campus
Cambridge PDQs Programme Leader (Educational Leadership) Anthony Campus
GTC Marketing Executive
Greensprings Training College (GTC) offers Cambridge International Certificate in Educational Leadership
Unit 1 –
Understanding key concepts and theories of leadership. Learning outcome A: explain their understanding of leadership. Learning outcome B: critique a chosen sample of these ideas and theories. Learning outcome C: demonstrate an awareness of school leadership in other settings and countries. L earning outcome D: use a selection of the theories and ideas to reflect on their own leadership practices.
Unit 2 –
Defining successful educational leadership practice. Learning outcome E: articulate what they think successful leadership looks like, explaining why it looks like this and setting out what this means for them as a leader. Learning outcome F: demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of the major findings and insights from educational leadership research in their own school and internationally. Learning outcome G: reflect on and explain the key lessons from their experience of leadership in relation to leadership theories and research evidence on successful school leadership. L earning outcome H: present the key skills they need to develop to be a successful leader in schools.
Unit 3 –
Action planning for developing leadership. Learning outcome I: evaluate and select the ideas and leadership practices they should focus on and use in their leadership activities. L earning outcome J: develop a presentation of how they should apply these ideas and practices in their workplace settings. L earning outcome K: evaluate their own leadership practices in terms of strengths and areas for development – they should also identify a small number of priorities for their development as a leader. L earning outcome L: produce an action plan for their leadership practice in the future.
3 Assessment criteria: Introduction and reading list.
- Assessment criterion 1 – Understanding educational leadership
- Assessment criterion 2 – Developing thinking and practice in educational leadership
- Assessment criterion 3 – Analysis and discussion
- Assessment criterion 4 – Communication and presentation
- Management Staff- Heads of schools, head teachers, head of departments, etc.
- Students in tertiary institution- undergraduate and graduate training programmes
- Leaders/managers in other sectors- Accounts, Admin, Support Staff, etc.
- Post graduate Diploma or certificate course(s)
Duration (schedule) of certificated training/workshop/seminar: short courses e.g. one-day, two-days, one week, three months, etc.; on Saturdays or during the holiday
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Budgeting in schools
- School marketing dynamics
- Leadership and Productivity,
- Diploma and Certificate course in Management and Leadership: Growing as a Manager
- Certificate in Fundamentals of Project planning and Management
Duration one-day, two-days, one week, three months
Registration On Going